Youth participating in this program will build practical experience and network connections for a pathway to a successful career, with completion of the program resulting in the awarding of a skills certification from the WGGO.
The Youth Development program will have a plan for sustainability and career interest exploration, and will motivate students to complete their education. Students will also complete a community partner project and apply their new skills and capacities to market their own professional experience.
Other goals include:
- Creating career pathways in high wage sectors (e.g. energy, water, waste, smart cities);
- Expand internships for students.
- Expand leadership opportunities for disadvantaged young people
- Expand or improve employer-driven youth workforce programs
- Students will report an increased feeling of workforce or college preparedness by the end of the program as a result of completing a real-world project.
- Students will be reviewed by their mentors and peers so that students may develop a stronger sense of their professional strengths and areas for growth.