Basic Certificate in Environmental Management
In this Program, you will:
- Understand the key issues, science, and philosophies that underpin environmental management.
- Appreciate the background behind environmental issues and the ways in which an organization impacts the environment.
- Understand the principal environmental issues including climate change, deforestation, desertification, population growth, resource consumption and efficiency, acid rain, depletion of the ozone layer, biodiversity loss, pollution to land, air and water.
- Appreciate the importance and benefits of integrating environmental issues into organizational operations.
- Understand the key drivers and benefits to organizations by introducing environmental management systems.
- Provide a detailed explanation of environmental management systems.
- Take an integrated approach for Environmental Management.
- Learn about natural resources and ecosystems.
- Understand population changes and resource consumption.
After completion of the WGGO program in partnership with SBS Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (Program 1 Green Sustainable business thinking), you will be able to:
- Understand the key issues, science and philosophy that underpin environmental management.
- Know the background behind environmental issues and the ways in which an organization impacts on the environment.
- Be able to identify principal global and local environmental issues, and how organizations contribute to environmental pollution.
- Understand the importance and benefits of integrating environmental issues into the organizational process.
- Identify the key drivers and benefits that can lead to organizations introducing Environmental Management Systems.
Experts & Strategic Consultants
Dr. Bassem Nassouhy
Member of the Committee,
World Green Growth Summit
Dr. Bassem Nassouhy
Dr. Bassem Nassouhy is the General Manager of Scientific Business Solutions Group of Environmental Consulting and Sustainability Consultancies in the GCC and the Arab Republic of Egypt based in the United Arab Emirates, he is also a Chief Advisor Alternative Fuel & Alternative Raw Material as well as his advisory roles including Environmental Consultant for FNRC (Fujairah Government – UAE), SREE Advisory board member at Sharjah University and others.
SBS offer high quality tailored waste and sustainability solutions and waste to resources services with sister companies all over the GCC. SBS has the ability to create out of the box solutions and new initiatives in various fields including sustainability, waste management, alternative fuel, alternative raw material, H&S, and environment with proven track records including tens of recognized projects particularly for multinational companies located in GCC and Egypt.
For 10 years before March 2016, Dr. Bassem used to lead various positions within LH, e.g Geocycle, a member of the international LafargeHolcim Group, including the senior manager of Business Development, Quality, HSE, and Operations. He worked as an expert within the company responsible for reuse waste generates of various industries as an alternative fuel and raw material for Lafarge Emirates Cement factory, he used to be the head of quality, environmental, occupational safety and health departments at the company’s various locations in the United Arab Emirates.
Prior to that, he served as manager of the Occupational Safety, Health, Environment and Fire Protection Department of Lafarge Emirates Cement (Lafarge-Holcim group) in the United Arab Emirates for 4 years.
Prior to joining the Lafarge Group, Dr. Bassem served as manager of Environment, Operation, Quality, Occupational Safety and Health departments at several major international companies including Orascom Construction, EDF électricité du France, Korea Smile Company, Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency.
Dr. Bassem received various scientific degrees, including a PhD in the management of environmental, occupational safety and health systems, as well as an MBA and a diploma in in industrial pollution control and environmental management from Japan.
He has also received several credits as a consultant and international trainer accredited in several areas of management, environment, health, and safety from major institutes and universities in Japan, France, Egypt and the United States of America as well as international credits from the US Department of Labor and the University of Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.
Dr. Bassem has provided consulting services for many well-known private companies and government authorities, and has published several publications and presentations at international conferences.