Environmental Legislation and Policy
In this program, you will learn:
- The structure and evolution of environmental law at a national, European, and international level.
- Key types of environmental legislation and policy including economic instruments, direct regulation, polluter pays, producer responsibility, and others.
- The role of regulatory agencies and how they work to enforce environmental law.
- The potential impact of some key pieces of environmental legislation and policy, including energy, waste, and water law.
- How to identify relevant environmental legislation for your organization and where to find further information.
- How to contribute to effective risk management through ongoing compliance with environmental policy and legal requirements.
After completion of SBS Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (Program 2 Green Environmental Legislation and Policy), you will be able to:
- Understand the structure and evolution of environmental law.
- Know the ways in which to access and identify relevant environmental legislation.
- See how environmental law relates to your organization’s operations.
- Demonstrate how an organization can comply with environmental legal requirements.
- Understand the role of economic instruments in environmental law.
- Understand the role of the regulatory agencies.
Experts & Strategic Consultants
Dr. Bassem Nassouhy
Member of the Committee,
World Green Growth Summit