Green Environmental Management Systems
In this program, you will:
- Learn about the key elements and components of an environmental management system.
- Understand how an environmental management system functions in a business environment.
- Discover different types of environmental management systems including ISO 14001, EMAS, and BS8555, and the key differences between them.
- Develop skills to be able to take on an active role within the environmental management process.
- Understand the key components of ISO 14001 and how they can be implemented.
- Different types of Environmental Management Systems (BS 8555, Eco Management and Audit Scheme, and ISO 14001).
- Introduction to ISO 14001 (Benefits of Environmental Management Systems).
- The key stages to ISO 14001 (environmental policy (4.2), planning, implementation, checking, and act).
- The ISO 14000 series standards.
- ISO 14001 relationship with other standards.
After completion of SBS Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (Program 4 Green Environmental Management Systems), you will be able to:
- Understand the key elements and components of an Environmental Management System.
- Appreciate how an Environmental Management System functions in a business environment.
- Understand what ISO 14001 is and how it works.
- Have the skills and knowledge to be able to take on an active role within the environmental management process.
Experts & Strategic Consultants
Dr. Bassem Nassouhy
Member of the Committee,
World Green Growth Summit
Dr. Bassem Nassouhy
Dr. Bassem Nassouhy is the General Manager of Scientific Business Solutions Group of Environmental Consulting and Sustainability Consultancies in the GCC and the Arab Republic of Egypt based in the United Arab Emirates, he is also a Chief Advisor Alternative Fuel & Alternative Raw Material as well as his advisory roles including Environmental Consultant for FNRC (Fujairah Government – UAE), SREE Advisory board member at Sharjah University and others.
SBS offer high quality tailored waste and sustainability solutions and waste to resources services with sister companies all over the GCC. SBS has the ability to create out of the box solutions and new initiatives in various fields including sustainability, waste management, alternative fuel, alternative raw material, H&S, and environment with proven track records including tens of recognized projects particularly for multinational companies located in GCC and Egypt.
For 10 years before March 2016, Dr. Bassem used to lead various positions within LH, e.g Geocycle, a member of the international LafargeHolcim Group, including the senior manager of Business Development, Quality, HSE, and Operations. He worked as an expert within the company responsible for reuse waste generates of various industries as an alternative fuel and raw material for Lafarge Emirates Cement factory, he used to be the head of quality, environmental, occupational safety and health departments at the company’s various locations in the United Arab Emirates.
Prior to that, he served as manager of the Occupational Safety, Health, Environment and Fire Protection Department of Lafarge Emirates Cement (Lafarge-Holcim group) in the United Arab Emirates for 4 years.
Prior to joining the Lafarge Group, Dr. Bassem served as manager of Environment, Operation, Quality, Occupational Safety and Health departments at several major international companies including Orascom Construction, EDF électricité du France, Korea Smile Company, Egyptian Environmental Affairs Agency.
Dr. Bassem received various scientific degrees, including a PhD in the management of environmental, occupational safety and health systems, as well as an MBA and a diploma in in industrial pollution control and environmental management from Japan.
He has also received several credits as a consultant and international trainer accredited in several areas of management, environment, health, and safety from major institutes and universities in Japan, France, Egypt and the United States of America as well as international credits from the US Department of Labor and the University of Cincinnati, Ohio, USA.
Dr. Bassem has provided consulting services for many well-known private companies and government authorities, and has published several publications and presentations at international conferences.