World Green Growth Summit
As the COVID-19 pandemic swept over the world and affected every sector of the global economy, WGGO hosted the World Green Growth Summit (WGGS). The WGGS, delves into the difficult challenges in the post COVID-19 world. It covers topics and offer resolutions to the evolving changes of a new world order.
The 2 day-long virtual summit is designed to connect government officials, with fortune executives, entrepreneurs, green economy experts, thought leaders, alumni and stakeholders, as well as a significant presence from the United Nation’s UN75 – youth initiative, for high-level discussions and networking.
The WGGS brings thousands of leaders from the private and public sector, utilities, solution providers, investors, and startups, and advances systemic solutions to the climate crisis through five sectors: energy, water, eco-waste, smart cities and youth.
- Provide regional and global stakeholders a platform to showcase climate action.
- Provide a platform engagement of key stakeholders in the region, including on finance, technology and capacity-building.
- Invite members of the public and private sector to advocate and discuss opportunities for organizations to showcase their work.
- Invite youth to discuss innovative ways to contribute to a better, more sustainable world.
- Create a space for discussion where participants compromise and to work hard to accomplish goals to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).